Thunder Hockey version 188.8.131.52 is the start of season release. This includes Windows Server 2019 Support, Network Capture improvements, and resolves a variety of bugs.
- We've verified support for Windows 11 and Windows Server Operating System 2019.
We've implemented Live Transcode for Network Capture. This improves overall stability and performance of network capture.
Note: With this change, only certain laptop models are supported to network capture more than two angles. The four laptop models supported are:
- Dell Precision 7670
- Dell Precision 7560
- Dell Precision 3480
- Dell Precision 7680
- For more information on the supported laptops and Thunder workflow, please refer to the Network Capturing in Thunder Guide.
- Network Capture Guides:
- Note: With this change, only certain laptop models are supported to network capture more than two angles. The four laptop models supported are:
We've made an update to programmatically set Refresh Rates on monitors or default displays to 60 Hz if Thunder detects it is set to 59 Hz or below during launch.
- This was implemented due to reports of poor video playback on displays with a refresh rate of 59 Hz or below.
- We've implemented MixPanel Diagnostics to provide Catapult detailed information about Thunder usage and crash reports.
The stability improvements made to Network Capture resolved a number of issues, including:
- Audio increasingly becoming out of sync after 25 minutes
- Inconsistent GOPs causing the flatten process to fail
- Transcode required for Network Captures exported from AMS
- Views not aligning due to TV Timeouts
- We've fixed an issue that caused an "Unable to load the media for this item" error to appear any time the user attempted to add a view and then trim the media.
- We've fixed an issue that caused the licensing service to error out while trying to get information from SSO.
- We've resolved an issue that caused frame inaccuracy on transcoded media.
The "Sync Successful" Dialog will intermittently get stuck behind other windows or dialogs. The workaround is to hit "Alt+Tab" to cycle through the open windows and close out of the sync dialog.
On a Windows 11 Standalone Machine, the Client Transcode Queue Tool does not populate, but the assets are successfully pushed.
- Users can view the queue via the Catapult Thunder Queue Tool on the Desktop.
- If media is not local to your machine before RXIMPing, the media will be missing.
- If a user finalizes a Network Capture and the server AMS volume is disconnected, they must manually upload the media to the server AMS once it is available again.
- When a TV timeout occurs, a paused black feed will appear for all angles besides Overhead. We recommend users switch to the Overhead Angle to continue viewing without interruption.
- Audio will start in sync, but will gradually drift throughout the Network Capture.
- Thunder will freeze if user FFW/REW at 10X speed during Network Capture.
- After completing a Black Magic Capture using the Set Time function, the Network Capture icon becomes inactive. Users should restart Thunder to activate the Network Capture button.
We have seen longer import times for AVCHD Content (in Travel Mode and Connected to Server) due to anti-virus scanning.
- Please reach out to customer support for a batch file to resolve this issue if you encounter it. More information on anti-virus exclusions can be found here.
A recent Windows Update intermittently disables "HTTP Activation" setting which can cause issues with Thunder. Please reach out to customer support for a batch file or follow the below steps to manually enable this setting:
- Windows Start --> Turn Windows Features On or Off.
- Expand the .NET Framework 4.8 Advanced Services --> Expand WCF Services.
- Check if the "HTTP Activation" checkbox is checked.
- If it's not checked, select it and install the feature.
Minimum Server Version
- Server, Client, Media Service, TC Sync Service, License Service
Supported Database and Asset Management Server Operating System
- Microsoft Windows Server 2019
- SQL Server 2019
Supported Client Operating Systems
- Windows 11 Professional Version 22H2
- Windows 10 Professional Version 22H2
Supported Versions of Microsoft Office
- Office 2019 – 32 bit
- Office 365 - 32 bit
- Office 2016 – 32 bit