Thunder Hockey version 188.8.131.52 is a client update that includes network capture stability and recovery updates, a variety of bug fixes, and general performance enhancements.
Catapult strongly recommends upgrading to this build for:
- All PCs that utilize a 12 or 13th Generation Intel Processor
- 3460, 3480, 5430, 7670, 7680
- Any team using Network Capture
For optimal network capture conditions, please ensure clients are on Windows 11 and the latest version of Thunder 23.
- We've implemented a variety of recovery tools for network capture:
- The Hockey Clip Copy Utility Tool is now available for Network Capture. A user can copy clips from a stacked master to a single angle master.
- Thunder will automatically create a .bat for each angle in the Network Capture Folder to recover media while Network Capturing.
- The last ten captures are available in the capture folders to reference.
- We've added the ability for a user to create individual masters from a Network Captured Stack Master. An Originals folder will be created and include a Master for each angle captured.
- We've resolved an issue that caused network capture to freeze on a frame or green screen.
We've addressed a number of playback issues relating to Dell Machines with 12th and 13th Gen Intel Processors.
- 3480, 5430, 7670, 7680
- We've resolved an issue that caused administrative domain sharing permission issues during network capture.
- We've fixed an issue that caused the Media In and Out values to get erased after a failed capture.
- We've addressed an issue with post-logging that occurred if the "Program" was not the assigned view.
- We've resolved an issue that blocked .xchange files from being created for Network Captured Masters with multiple angles during the Export Edit Files workflow. Users will have the ability to select which view to export.
- Note: Please ensure "Export Data" checkbox is selected in the Application Settings to export .xchange and .mp4.
- We've improved Surge Set load times.
- We've addressed an issue that caused file sizes to increase during capture.
Create Original Master Views Workflow
With the introduction of multi-angle capture, users do not always want to surge multiple angles to save time and/or space. Users will now have the ability to create single angle masters from Network Captured Multi-Angle or manually Stacked Media. Please see workflow steps below:
1. Right-click on a Stack Master
2. Select "Master Edit"
3. Select "Create Original Master Views"
4. A sub-folder titled "Originals" will be created and the single angle masters will be created in the sub-folder.
Note: There will be as many single angle masters as there were angles on the original stacked master. The naming convention is "Name of Master - Angle".
- After surging a single-angle master generated from a Network Captured Multi-Angle Master and playing it back in Travel mode, users may encounter errors indicating that the media is not available. It is important to note that the media for the surged angle is available and will playback as expected.
- Exchange Agent notifications might not appear for all completed surge sets.
- While recording a voiceover, audio will intermittently drift by a few seconds on 12th and 13th Gen Machines.
The "Sync Successful" Dialog will intermittently get stuck behind other windows or dialogs. The workaround is to hit "Alt+Tab" to cycle through the open windows and close out of the sync dialog.
On a Windows 11 Standalone Machine, the Client Transcode Queue Tool does not populate, but the assets are successfully pushed.
- Users can view the queue via the Catapult Thunder Queue Tool on the Desktop.
- If media is not local to your machine before RXIMPing, the media will be missing.
- If a user finalizes a Network Capture and the server AMS volume is disconnected, they must manually upload the media to the server AMS once it is available again.
- When a TV timeout occurs, a paused black feed will appear for all angles besides Overhead. We recommend users switch to the Overhead Angle to continue viewing without interruption.
- Audio will start in sync, but will gradually drift throughout the Network Capture.
- Thunder will freeze if user FFW/REW at 10X speed during Network Capture.
- After completing a Black Magic Capture using the Set Time function, the Network Capture icon becomes inactive. Users should restart Thunder to activate the Network Capture button.
Minimum Server Version
Supported Database and Asset Management Server Operating System
- Microsoft Windows Server 2019
- SQL Server 2019
Supported Client Operating Systems
- Windows 11 Professional Version 22H2
- Windows 10 Professional Version 22H2
Supported Versions of Microsoft Office
- Office 2019 – 32 bit
- Office 365 - 32 bit
- Office 2016 – 32 bit