In Thunder Hockey 22.5, users have the ability to capture via Black Magic or a Network Capture device (AVMATRIX or Antrica).
Table of Contents
- Users are required to unplug Black Magic Devices in order to begin a Network Capture.
- We recommend users have 15 GB of free storage on the internal drive.
- We recommend users capture directly to the servers internal SSD rather than the Lacie External drive.
- We recommend reserving an IP Address for each capture device. Catapult Support can assist with reserving IP addresses on the road with Cisco RV switches. Consult with your IT departments for assistance on your home networks.
- An AJA Up Down Cross Converter is required for each angle of video being captured.
- Note: Without the AJA, video feeds will be out of sync in the event of loss of signal to devices.
- Note: On the newest 2.26 version of the AJA Mini Config, Freeze no longer gives you a still image, only Mute does. If you are using the newest Aja Mini Config, please use the Mute Option. We recommend testing a capture to ensure removing the SDI Input freezes the video with the Mute Option. If it does not, update the firmware directly on the Aja Mini Config to get the Aja U/D/X on the latest firmware. The link to download is available HERE
- If the network capture device loses power, the angle(s) will stop capturing. Any devices that are still powered on will continue to capture in sync.
- Capturing multiple angles in Thunder will increase the time it takes to surge.
SDI Feed | AVMATRIX SDI [Multi-Angle]:
HDMI Feed | AVMATRIX SDI [Multi-Angle]:
HDMI Feed | AVMATRIX HDMI [Single Angle]:
SDI Feed | Antrica [Multi-Angle]:
HDMI Feed | Antrica:
1. Restart each Network Capture device video angle before starting a game.
- Type the Device IP into browser
- Enter the username and password if prompted (Default values are admin/admin)
- Navigate to System Settings Tab
- Select Reboot
- Repeat for each angle being captured
2. Launch Thunder 22 and navigate to the Edit Station
3. Select the "Network Capture" Tab
4. The following "New Master Edit" Dialog appears. Select "Change" under the Capture Settings Header.
Note: If the user has a saved "Capture Template", the user should select it in the "Capture Template dropdown menu.
5. Once the User selects "Change", the following Network Capture Settings Dialog will launch.
6. The Network Capture Settings dialog is where the user will paste in the device's IP address, enable the active views, and assign "View".
Note: To access the device's address, navigate to the "Device Status" section of the device's web page, copy the "Access Address", and paste the address into the Camera IP text box.
7. For each video angle, the "Active" checkbox should be selected, the "Camera IP" address should be populated, and the "View" should be selected. The user should click save and if the video feed is available, there will be a thumbnail preview and media details displayed above the thumbnail.
8. The user should close out of the Network Capture Settings after saving the above and click "OK" on the New Master Edit dialog. Once the user OK, the "Log Tool Setup" window will launch.
9. After the user populates League, Home Team, Away Team, Game Date, Period, and Game Type and clicks OK, the capture will begin.
10. Once the capture is complete, the user will select "Finish Capture".
Note: If the user captured multiple angles, a Stacked Master will be auto-created.
Please sign in to leave a comment.