Thunder Hockey version 188.8.131.52 is a client-only update with support for Network Capturing with AVMATRIX (SDI and HDMI) and Antrica devices.
Jump To ➡
- We've added capture support for the AVMATRIX Device.
- We've added capture support for the Antrica Device.
General Network Capture Information
- Users are required to unplug Black Magic Devices in order to begin a Network Capture.
- We recommend users have 15 GB of free storage on the internal drive.
- We recommend users capture directly to the servers internal SSD rather than the Lacie External drive.
- We recommend reserving an IP Address for each capture device. Catapult Support can assist with reserving IP addresses on the road with Cisco RV switches. Consult with your IT departments for assistance on your home networks.
- An AJA Up Down Cross Converter is required for each angle of video being captured.
- Note: Without the AJA, video feeds will be out of sync in the event of loss of signal to devices.
- Note: On the newest 2.26 version of the AJA Mini Config, Freeze no longer gives you a still image, only Mute does. If you are using the newest Aja Mini Config, please use the Mute Option. We recommend testing a capture to ensure removing the SDI Input freezes the video with the Mute Option. If it does not, update the firmware directly on the Aja Mini Config to get the Aja U/D/X on the latest firmware. The link to download is available HERE
- If the network capture device loses power, the angle(s) will stop capturing. Any devices that are still powered on will continue to capture in sync.
- The video preview on the Antrica and AVMatrix Device Admin page is intermittent. If a preview is not appearing, check Thunder to confirm.
- Capturing multiple angles in Thunder will increase the time it takes to surge.
- We've fixed an issue that caused Output to MP4 and Voiceover not to function on Dell 5430s.
- We've resolved multiple issues with Text Overlays.
- We've fixed multiple issues relating to 1080i Media Display Issues.
- We've updated the default sorting logic to alphabetical for the Hockey Line Editor.
- We've updated the right-click "Copy to Folder..." dialog to allow users to copy content to a Portable Organizer.
- We've re-included the Users Checkbox in the Create Edit from Master Window.
- We've updated the Copy to Multiple Folders Workflow to allow users to copy edits from Portable Organizer to Network Organizers.
- We've resolved an issue that prevented running the Thunder Queue on a Transcode Server.
- We've resolved an issue with resetting the active playlist tab when closing a tab.
- If a user Network Captures in Travel Mode, when they connect back to the server, the captured files do not automatically upload to the server. The current workaround is to manually copy the assets in Asset Management. This will be resolved in a follow-up build.
- If media is not local to your machine prior to RXIMPing, the media will be missing.
- If a user finalizes a Network Capture and the server AMS volume was disconnected, they will need to manually upload the media to the server AMS once it is available again.
- When there is a TV timeout, a paused black feed will appear for all angles besides Overhead. We recommend users switch to the Overhead Angle to continue viewing without interruption.
- Audio will start in sync, but will gradually drift throughout the Network Capture.
- Thunder will freeze if user FFW/REW at 10X speed during Network Capture.
- After completing a Black Magic Capture using the Set Time function, the Network Capture icon becomes inactive. Users should restart Thunder to activate the Network Capture button.
- We have seen longer import times for AVCHD Content (in Travel Mode and Connected to Server) due to anti-virus scanning.
- Please reach out to customer support for a batch file to resolve this issue if you encounter it. More information on anti-virus exclusions can be found here.
- A recent Windows Update intermittently disables "HTTP Activation" setting which can cause issues with Thunder. Please reach out to customer support for a batch file or follow the below steps to manually enable this setting:
- Windows Start --> Turn Windows Features On or Off.
- Expand the .NET Framework 4.8 Advanced Services --> Expand WCF Services.
- Check if the "HTTP Activation" checkbox is checked.
- If it's not checked, select it and install the feature.
Minimum Server Version
- Client, Media Service
Supported Database and Asset Management Server Operating System
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016
- SQL Server 2019
Supported Client Operating Systems
- Windows 10 Professional Version 22H2
- Windows 10 Professional Version 22H1
Supported Versions of Microsoft Office
- Office 2019 – 32 bit
- Office 365 - 32 bit
- Office 2016 – 32 bit