Issue: White Screen Launching XOS
The user goes to launch XOS and it goes through the loading process fine, but then once the application is fully launched it doesn't display on the screen. Instead the program stays minimized in the taskbar at the bottom of the screen and shows as a white screen.
After the loading screen completes and fades away, the Thunder program should show on the desktop and the user can access their folder structure and watch film.
Cause of White Screen
This can be either an incorrect graphics card driver version for the machine or maybe a Windows update occurred that is causing Thunder to have issues displaying properly.
Resolution or Troubleshooting Steps:
- Restore Thunder using the following sequence:
- Hold Shift and right-click on the Thunder icon in the task bar
- A menu pops up that says Restore, Move, Size, Minimize, Maximize, and Close.
- Click Minimize
- Click Maximize
- Thunder should be displayed on the screen now
- Even if this works, it is recommended to still go to the next step to confirm the graphics driver is on a recommended version.
- You can check the graphics card driver version by using this article: How To Check Current Graphics Card Driver Versions.
- After determining what version the graphics card driver is on, you can use our Graphics Card Matrix to update or roll back the driver using this article: Graphic Card Matrix