Issue: Getting a SQL Server login error after successfully entering travel mode.
After a user enters travel mode successfully and attempts to launch Thunder, they receive the error above and are unable to log in.
List of Symptoms
- When attempting to launch Thunder in travel mode, the user receives the error below.
- The error logged in the XOS Event Log
After a successful synchronization into travel mode, the user should be able to launch Thunder successfully with no error.
Cause of Issue
The encountered error is due to an Internet Information Services component which is disabled or not running. Within Windows Services, the "World Wide Web Publishing Service" must be enabled and running.
Resolution or Troubleshooting Steps:
- Navigate to Windows Services by going to Start -> Run and typing services.msc and hit Enter
- Search for the "World Wide Web Publishing Service" and double click on it to open the properties
- If the Startup Type is set to Disabled, change it to Automatic. Now select Start to start the service
- Once the service is enabled and running, attempt to log into Thunder. Login should be successful.
- The properties of the "World Wide Web Publishing Service" should appear as below