Issue: Import AVCHD Hangs at Merging MTS Files
Import AVCHD and Import JVC hang when merging the MTS files into 1 MP4 file.
List of Symptoms
- Import AVCHD takes anywhere from 4 to 10 times as long as normal
The progress bar should steadily move left to right during the Import process.
Cause of Import Hang during the MTS Merge
- Windows Defender on Windows Server 2016 is inspecting the file.
Resolution or Troubleshooting Steps:
3 Possible Solutions.
Import AVCHD and select the local volume on the Import Page. This is a temporary fix until Solution 2 or 3 are taken.
Disable Windows Defender via Local Group Policy Editor
- Start -> Run -> gpedit.msc
- Local Computer Policy -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Windows Defender
- Double click on the option to Turn Off Windows Defender
- Change the setting to Enabled
Run Windows Defender after Applying the WIndows Defender Exclusions
Follow the Solution 2 steps to disable the Windows Defender...
- After Disabling Windows Defender, right click and Run As Administrator, the XOS Windows Defender Exceptions v1.1.bat attached in the article.
- Back in the Local Group Policy Editor, modify the TURN OFF WINDOWS DEFENDER setting again.
- Select Disable
Please sign in to leave a comment.