Issue: Thunder doesn't appear in uninstall list
In some cases, Thunder may have been uninstalled, but failed, and no longer appears on the list of installed programs, and prevents newer version of Thunder from installing with a message indicating Thunder is already installed on the machine
List of Symptoms
- Thunder won't install a newer version, but an older version no longer appears in the list to be able to be uninstalled
Should be able to uninstall Thunder and install newer versions
Resolution or Troubleshooting Steps:
- Download the attached Microsoft Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter
- Select Next
- It will detect problems, then select "Uninstalling"
- Allow it to detect problems again
- Locate "Catapult Thunder" or "XOS Thunder" depending on existing version of Thunder and hit Next
- Select "Yes, try uninstall"
- Wait for it as it goes through Resolving Problems
- You should receive a success message at the end. Should it fail, run through again, it will often succeed the second time. If it continues to fail, contact support (firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 490-7767)
- Once successful, a newer version of Thunder can be installed