- Headings groups display groups of data for users while watching video.
- Groups are customizable and each user may have their own default group.
- Users can sort and filter the data in the headings to aid their workflow.
Creating/Modifying Headings Groups:
- In Edit Station go to Tools → Heading Groups.
• New Headings Group… will allow users to create a new group.
• Manage Headings Groups… will allow users to edit existing groups.
- Available Items will display the data fields that can be included in the group.
• Categorized: Data fields will be organized by the category they were placed in when created.
• Alphabetical: Data fields will be organized alphabetically, regardless of category.
• Alphabetical Checked: Data fields will be organized alphabetically, regardless of category, and users will see the field in use on the Available Items window and Selected Items window.
- The Add and Remove buttons will allow a user to edit their data field selections.
- The move menu on the far right side will allow users to organize the order in which the fields are displayed.
- Click Save As… to create your heading group or Save to apply the changes that’ve been made.
Applying Headings Groups:
- Headings Groups can be applied four ways:
• Right click on one or select multiple edits and choose Apply Headings.
• Select the heading group to apply.
▪ While in the Filter Tool click Select underneath the Headings section.
▪ Choose the Headings Group and save the filters.
▪ Right click on a folder in Edit Station and select "Properties" and go to the "Network Organizer" tab.
▪ Click the Override radio button under Default Headings Group and select the heading group for the folder.
▪ Only edits created in or move to the folder will have these headings applied.
▪ When this is set edits already in the folder will not inherit the default heading group.
▪ Option 1: Click Tools → Headings Group → Set Headings Group as Default and select the group.
▪ Option 2: Click the Headings Icon → Set Default Headings Group and select the group.
- Headings groups follow a hierarchy after being assigned:
• Edit level will override filter, folder and user.
• Filter level will override folder and user.
• Folder level will override user.
• User level will only be applied if none of the other levels are set.
Applying Headings Groups to Clip Types:
- Headings groups can be applied at the clip type level to display the desired headings group when filtered on a particular clip type from the drop down selector on a master.
- In the Clip Type Setup area, edit a clip type and select the desired Headings Group from the Headings dropdown.
- Save the Clip Type.
- When the Master Edit is filtered by clip type, the desired Headings Group will be displayed.