Use Case: RXIMP is the most efficient workflow for Bowl setups. RXIMP allows you to easily share video to all your coaches/staff with one export package. Any data that is entered to those edits will sync back to the server when the team arrives home.
- Put all your computers into travel mode before departing for the bowl site.
- Manage Travel Folders to include any folder you will want the coaches to work out of while you are on the road.
- Input any data or changes that you will want all coaches/staff to see when it is imported onto their computers
- When your Edits are complete and ready to share with the coaches/staff, highlight all edits you wish to share
- Right click and hover over export, then select Export RXIMP
- When prompted, select “Yes” to include media with the package. This will be needed for you to share the video along with the edits to the computers you import to.
- Copy the file that gets created to a USB drive or external drive.
- With the external drive plugged into a computer you wish to import to, select import in Thunder and select Import XIMP/RXIMP.
- Make sure to change the import window option at the bottom right to RXIMP for the file to show up in the folder
- Import the RXIMP package into Thunder by selecting open with the package highlighted
- You will now have access to the file on that machine. Users will be able to view/edit/input data to the edit on their machine.
- Note: Do not attempt to import an RXIMP package to a machine connected to the server at home. RXIMPs can only be imported to a machine in travel mode, and then synced back to the server after.
ThunderCloud Workflow: Sending Video to ThunderCloud will be different, but very easy with RXIMP workflow.
- Keep one machine in Travel Mode at home in your facility. Make sure this machine is still plugged in to the server connection and has internet access
- Send the RXIMP packages you already have to that computer via email or file share such as Dropbox or WeTransfer
- Import the RXIMP to the computer in travel mode
- Sync the computer back to the server
- Push the edits to the cloud like normal
- After the edits/media are all pushed to ThunderCloud, re-enter travel mode so it is ready to import any future RXIMPs
- Manage Travel Folders to include all folders needed
- Sync all traveling computers into Travel Mode
- Bring USB drives and external drives
- Clear space on computers to ensure ample storage for RXIMP imports
- Computer left at home and put into travel mode for TC. Make sure this computer is still plugged into the server connection and has internet access
For more information on RXIMP Workflow, use this link to an article from our Product Team which goes into more detail on the process and use cases.