Configuring Field Appearance Templates
To configure the available Field Appearance Templates, choose “Configure Field Appearance Templates” from the Admin section of the main PlayTools toolbar.
A list of currently-defined Field Appearance Templates will be displayed. If you have denoted a default template, it will have a “1” displayed next to it. The default template is used for all new created diagrams. If no default is specified, PlayTools will use the first template listed as the default template. To make a template the default template, simply select it and press the Default button.
From this form, you can create new templates, delete existing templates, or make changes to an existing template by pressing the appropriate button.
The following shows the form used to create new templates and to make changes to an existing one.
• Tiled Background - Whether or not to use “grass” or a solid color for the Field’s background
• Field Color - The color used to fill in the field when not using a tiled background
• End Zone Color - The color used to fill the end zone
• Player (Symbol) Radius - The radius (in yards) to use for Players on the Field who are using a shape-based symbol (Circle, for example)
• Player (No Symbol) Radius - The radius (in yards) to use for Players on the Field who are using the Abbreviation symbol (“C” for example)
• Show Yard Line Numbers - Whether or not to display the yard line numbers on the Field
• Yard Line Number Color - The color used to draw the yard line numbers (if they are to be displayed)
• Show Yard Line - Whether or not display the yard lines
• Yard Line Color - The color used to draw the yard lines
• Yard Line Thickness - The thickness of the yard lines (in yards)
• Show Hash Marks - Whether or not to display the hash marks on the Field
• Hash Mark Color - The color used to draw the hash marks
• Dist. From Middle of Field - The distance from the middle of the field to the mid-point of the hash marks (used to differentiate between a NFL and NCAA field)
• Show LOS Lines - Whether or not to highlight the line of scrimmage using a different color line
• LOS Color - The color used to draw the LOS highlight line
• Show LOS Text - Whether or not to show text (“+5” or “+10” for example) alongside the corresponding yardage markers
• LOS Text Color - The color used to draw the LOS Text text
• # of LOS, +5, +10 - How many increments to use when drawing LOS Text
To configure the set of Positions available for use in a Diagram, begin on the main form and choose “Configure Positions” from the Setup button off the top PlayTools toolbar.
A list of currently defined Positions will be displayed. The order in which the positions are listed on the Configure Positions form dictates the order in which positions will be displayed in various areas of PlayTools (e.g. the list presented when adding a new player to a diagram). To make changes to the ordering, you can drag-and-drop the rows to different locations within the Position listing before exiting the window.
From this window, you can create new (or edit existing) positions, delete existing positions, or merge existing positions. Merging two or more positions scans existing diagrams for references to the positions to be merged and replaces them with a user-selected position to consolidate the number of positions in the system without removing “position orphaned” players from existing diagrams. Merging positions can be a very powerful cleanup utility, especially after a system has been in place for many seasons.