Update Intel Graphics Card Driver
Resolution or Troubleshooting Steps:
- Access the Graphic Card Matrix and download the driver needed for the device.
- Extract the downloaded .zip archive and note where it is.
- Open Device Manager (Right-Click on the windows icon and select it, or search Windows for it)
- Right-click the Intel Graphics Card under "Display Adapters" and select "Update Driver"
- Browse my Computer for driver software>Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
- Sometimes, this driver is listed there. If so, select it and install that version.
Otherwise, browse to the downloaded file. Looking for a .inf file within the Graphics folder of the driver folder. Select it, hit open, OK, next, then let it install.
- If there are multiple (As is the case with Dell 5400s), select the iigd_dch.inf file
- A reboot isn't always necessary (the computer warns you when it is), but it's good practice to restart the PC after doing a graphics update
Please sign in to leave a comment.