XOS Restricted Users Setup Tool - Solve Surge, Sync, and Exchange Agent issues
XOS Identified a high number of issues regarding Surge, Thunder Sync, and launching the Exchange Agent after a Windows Update.
XOS added more tasks to the XOS Restricted User Setup Tool to apply many of the fixes for the above problems programatically. The original purpose of the XOS Restricted User Setup Tool was to allow non-admin users the proper permissions to use Thunder. That is still needed, but the utility is useful for all Thunder users.
The Restricted User Setup Tool now performs the additional tasks
- Opens needed Firewall Ports
- Changes the Thunder network from Public to Private.
- Corrects the registry permissions for the Inaccessible Logs: State error (only on Win 10 1809)
HOW TO EXECUTE:
- Click Start
- Search Restricted
- Hover over the XOS Restricted User Setup Tool (could also Right Click the XOS Restricted User Setup Tool
- Select Run As Administrator
- Click Assign Permissions
EXAMPLES of fixes.
- Exchange Agent won't launch
- Anytime you see a permissions error, run the Restricted Users Setup Tool
- Network Type is Public
- Surge - Files are downloading / Uploading
- Surge - Client is unavailable when trying to send a Surge Set
- If you know they are online, run the utility and restart
- Slow launch of Thunder
- Slow Import/Export of Media
Please sign in to leave a comment.