Drivers for Westwater (Westie) remotes are installed with the Thunder Image, but not installed when Thunder is installed, so the drivers may need to be installed prior to using a remote
- Connect the remote to a USB port on the computer
- Right-Click the Windows icon to bring up the menu, and select Device Manager
- Expand Other Devices and locate "FT232R USB UART"
- Right-Click and select "Update driver"
- Select the bottom option, "Browse my computer for drivers"
- Select "Browse" and navigate to "C:\Program Files (x86)\XOS Technologies\Thunder\DRIVERS\" and select the Westwater Remote Drivers folder, click OK, then Next
- You should receive a success message:
- Close the window to return to Device Manager, and note that "USB Serial Port" now shows under "Other Devices" and "USB Serial Converter" now exists under "Universal Serial Bus controllers"
- Right-Click USB Serial Port>Update Driver>Browse my computer for drivers and select the same folder (If doing this right after the previous one, the folder should still be populated in the folder destination, and can just click "Next"). Doing so should give you a different success message:
- After doing so, there should be a "USB Serial Port (COM#)" under Ports (COM & LPT) in Device Manager:
- Open Thunder and open the settings, navigate to Remote and verify the remote is populated down below. Note that the COM # in the above screenshot matches the remote listed in Thunder (COM3):