What is the Bolt Bluetooth Remote?
Customers have the option to purchase the Bolt remote from Catapult as an alternative to the Westwater remotes when trying to watch video in Thunder on their laptop or tablet. The pairing of the remote, however, can be a little tricky for new users. Older versions of the remote used to have a "Sync" button on the back that would initiate the pairing process, but on the newer versions there is no sync button. This guide will walk you through how to pair the Bolt remote.
How to pair the Bolt remote:
On your PC:
- Click on the Start button and then select the gear icon, this will take you to the Settings window.
- Once the Settings window has loaded, select Devices and look for the "Bluetooth and other devices" section of this page. Near the top of this page you should see an option to enable Bluetooth, make sure this is turned on.
- Select "Add Bluetooth or other device" which opens up another window. Select Bluetooth here. Once we've selected the Bluetooth option, we'll begin the pairing process on the Bolt remote. See the section below on how to initiate the pairing process.
- Once you've started the pairing process on the Bolt remote, look in the window opened in the previous step and look for a device called "XOS RC," this is the Bolt remote. Select this device and wait for the pairing process to complete, you'll get a message saying that your device is ready to go if the process was successful.
- After completion, open Thunder and make sure the remote works.
On the Bolt Remote:
- Press and hold the left and right arrows (located underneath the play/pause button). A blue light at the top of the remote should start flashing. This means that the pairing process has been initiated. Now go back to your PC.
The photos below are representative of what the new remote looks like (left) compared to the older one (right), and the image on the right also shows the key mapping so that the user knows which button does what. On the older remotes, the user only had to press the Sync button to begin the pairing process.
Please sign in to leave a comment.