Upgrading to Windows Server 2019 with ISO
Note: This document outlines the steps needed to upgrade Microsoft Windows Server to version 2019 Standard x64 with Desktop Experience. Customers are responsible for providing and implementing a valid Microsoft Windows Server 2019 Standard license key which accommodates any hardware they wish to upgrade to Microsoft Server 2019 Standard.
** Perform database backups and save off to any partition other than the OS. Uninstall all Catapult Thunder related software prior to starting this upgrade**
- Download the Windows Server 2019 Standard ISO to the desktop of your server.
- Right click on the ISO file and select Mount
- Once the ISO is mounted, run the setup.exe within the extracted folder.
- During installation, select to download updates, drivers and optional features and select next. Input a Microsoft Windows Server 2019 Standard Product Key if prompted.
- When prompted to select image, select Windows Server 2019 Standard (Desktop Experience).
- Accept the Applicable notices and license terms.
- Select to Keep personal files and apps and select next.
- Confirm your selections are accurate and select Install.
The upgrade process should take 1-2 hours to complete. It is possible the process could take longer. Your server will reboot multiple times throughout the process. Once complete, confirm the system has updated successfully.