Catapult Services List - Server
This guide is a reference to the services Catapult uses on your servers and clients. The first set of services listed below can be found on your servers, this guide will contain a description, purpose and functionality of each listed service. This is designed to help the customer understand what each service does.
Catapult Broadcast Service
- Used for live capture, lives on the Database or Microserver. The Broadcast Service makes it possible for iBench iPads to automatically find that Capture Computer's name. It is also required for Thunder Baseball so the Windows Universal App can point directly to the Thunder Server vs ThunderCloud.
Catapult Distribution Service
- Distribution Service allows surging of media over the network from server to client. Distribution Service also allows the downloading of media that is prompted through a client.
Catapult Network Organizer Service
- Manages the synchronization of published network organizers, service needs to be running for folders and organizers to function.
Catapult Server Asset Management Service
- Provides the Catapult Asset Management Service functionality for a Server installation, Service needs to run in-order to access media assets from each server that stores media. This service needs to be running on any server that contains media assets.
Catapult Thunder License Service Installer
- Catapult Thunder License Service Installer, runs every 5 minutes communicating back and forth with SSO. This communicates licenses and services such as; client licenses, LAN user settings to the Cloud environment, service licenses for example Pro Football Focus. If this service is not running, you would not be able to access the resolver tool or approve new client licenses on SSO.
Catapult Thunder Monitor Service
- Holds various information about the thunder systems connected to the Database Server. Some examples are, client name, client IP address, client messaging and client updates (syncs, surges).
Catapult Thundercloud Media Service
- Manages the upload and download of Thundercloud media. This service must be running to also download Cloud Media for the Exchange to Thunder workflow to function properly.
XOS Eagle Eye Central Monitoring Agent
- Service for the Eagle Eye Central Monitoring Agent, Central Monitor is installed on one server or client to monitor all machines utilizing Eagle Eye.
XOS Eagle Eye Local Monitoring Agent
- Service for the Eagle Eye Local Monitoring Agent, Local Monitoring Agent monitors the server or client you are physically using. Used on every server or client to monitor individually and to communicate to the central monitor.
XOS Eagle Eye Remote Notification Service
- Remote Notification Service sends email notification to customer with Eagle updates and status.
XOS TC LanSync Service (XOSSyncAgent1)
- LanSync service syncs your LAN (local Area Network) to the WAN (Cloud / Wide Area Network), if this service is not running you will not see any data/edit changes on the WAN / Cloud. This service also needs to run in-order for changes in the Exchange to Thunder workflow to appear in the "Inbox" inside Thunder.
- XOS Video Server Service, works in conjunction with Mini Filter Service to provide smooth video playback.
Catapult Services List - Client
In addition to the services that run on your server, the Catapult Local Asset Management service runs on your clients.
Catapult Local Asset Management Service
- Provides the Catapult Asset Management Service functionality for a Local installation. Local Asset Management Service needs to run in-order for Exchange Agent to run, download and surge media, and to be able to store media locally.
Services can be found by the below steps:
- You can launch Run by pressing Win + R (or by selecting its shortcut on the WinX menu).
- Type services.msc within Run’s text box