Portable Organizer - Import Data
- In Edit Station click on Organizers → Open.
- Click the Use Mappings checkbox to enable data import.
- Clicking Reset Mappings will remove the last used mappings by the target database.
- Choose the Portable Organizer (PO) then click Open.
- Choose the edits you’d like to copy from the PO and copy them to the target database.
- The Field Mappings Changes window will open to alert the user of fields found and the automapping results. PO fields without a matching FieldMetakey on the Target database will be set to <<Ignore>>.
After clicking OK the Field Mapping window will open and users can assign or change any field mapping. Users can also create a new field within the window.
After closing the Field Mapping window, select where to copy the media to then click OK.
- Once the process completes the new edits will appear in the target database with the data included.
- The ability to copy data from a Portable Organizer to Thunder is only available in Edit Station for Administrator or Super Administrator users.
- Users are unable to open edits on Portable Organizers that have been added in Mapping Mode.
- To view edits, close and reopen the Portable Organizer without choosing Mapping Mode.
- Users can’t move or copy items to a Portable Organizer opened in Mapping Mode.
- Data fields map automatically if the the Field Metakey is the same on the PO and target database.
- The following system fields won’t be automapped and will not appear in the Thunder Field column.
- The tool will only remember the last used mappings. Mappings are not stored on the Portable Organizer or the target database for future use.
- Headings Groups and Overlays will not be copied over.
- This workflow is only recommended for copying data from a Portable Organizer created on a database different from the target.
- Users should continue to use their existing post game workflow for copying data from a Portable Organizer to their Thunder database.
- If the Thunder PlayID being copied to the target database matches a Thunder PlayID that already exists the Portable Organizer data will not be copied over.
Please sign in to leave a comment.