Contents of Article
Issue: ThunderCloud Win 10 app will not load
When trying to launch the ThunderCloud Win 10 app, it will get stuck on the XOS ThunderCloud loading screen and does not proceed any further to the screen where you put your credentials for ThunderCloud.
List of Symptoms
- You launch the ThunderCloud Win 10 app and the loading screen does not go away so you aren't able to login
When you launch the XOS ThunderCloud Universal app, the loading screen with the text "XOS ThunderCloud" should briefly display and then you arrive at the screen where you type in your credentials.
Cause of ThunderCloud Win 10 App Not Loading
The version of Windows 10 installed on the machine did not include the necessary media-related technologies needed to launch the Windows Universal app. These media-related technologies are typically missing on Windows 10 N editions.
Resolution or Troubleshooting Steps:
- To check your version of Windows 10 and see if it is an N edition you can:
- Right-click on the Start icon
- Select "Search" and search for "This PC"
- Select "Properties"
- This will bring up a window that will show you the information related to your computer. At the top you'll see a section labeled "Windows edition." This will let you know if you have a N edition on Windows 10.
- If you have a N edition of Windows 10, please visit the following link that will allow you to install the missing media-related technologies for your version of Windows 10: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3145500/media-feature-pack-list-for-windows-n-editions
- After installing the missing items, restart the computer and once you're logged in try launching the ThunderCloud Win 10 app. You should be able to login like you normally would.