Issue: Can't Launch LogMeIn Rescue Applet
When given a Rescue Code by a Technician, some Windows settings will result in receiving the following message warning that the Rescue Applet isn't a Microsoft-Verified app:
Resolution or Troubleshooting Steps:
- Select the "Change my app recommendation Settings" option on that page
- Select the dropdown at the top
- Select the option "Anywhere, but warn me before installing an app that's not from the Microsoft Store"
- After changing the setting, return to the LogMeIn tab you entered the code to, it will indicate how to get to your Downloads folder. In this case, it's Control+J
- Select the most recent Support-LogMeInRescue .exe listed (click the title of the file to launch)
- Now press "Install Anyway" to allow the app to install and begin the support session
Please sign in to leave a comment.