IBench Basic Setup and Overview
- Live capture feed - Must be 720p
- 1080 feeds will not play on the IPad - iOS limitation
- Black Magic H.264 Pro Recorder
- Aja Up Down Cross Converter is recommended to ensure a 720p Feed. This device also provides a freeze frame buffer to eliminate capture finalization if a video signal is temporarily dropped
- A wifi router for the iPad(s) to connect to, on the same network as the capture laptop.
- This can be accomplished by connecting the NETGEAR router via ethernet to the Cisco R325 switch via ports 1-14. The NETGEAR router will get ethernet plugged into any of the numbered ports (note: not the yellow internet port).
- Without using a Cisco switch and NETGEAR router, users may also be able to use the network inside the arena provided that there is an ethernet connection to the house network for the capture machine to plug into and the arena’s wifi network is on the same network and IP Scheme as the ethernet connection.
(Pictured: Yellow ethernet cable to the far right is providing internet to the Cisco Switch via the WAN
port. The yellow ethernet in the middle is going to the NETGEAR wireless access point in one of the
numbered ports NOT in the yellow internet port. The other ethernet cables are going to client laptops
including the capture machine).
The capture laptop must be connected to the network via ethernet, wifi for the capture laptop to
connect is not supported.
For wifi credentials of the XOS issued NETGEAR wireless access point please contact XOS Support at 800-
490-7767 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Prior to Starting a Capture:
Navigate to Capture tab and select ‘Capture Settings’. From Capture settings check ‘Enable iBench’,
provide a stream name (whatever you want it to be called) and check ‘Primary iBench Server’.
Apply and select OK.
Next step is to find the IP address of the capture machine. In order to do this, open a command prompt
from the search or start button. Type in “ipconfig” and hit enter. Note the IPv4 Address.
On The IPad:
Once a capture has been started, users can then go to the ThunderCloud app on their iPads. Instead of
logging in with TC credentials, the user will select “Imported Media”.
Once inside the Imported Media section, select iBench and then tap the camera icon in the top left.
Hit the “+” icon next to “Done” and type in the IP address of the capture machine followed by :81.
(example: http://172.16.101.105:81). Next hit “Save”.
Once entered and saved, select the IP address under “Streaming Servers”.
Next select the current capture. The IPad will store your 5 last captures, with the most recent capture at the top.
At this point users can watch the capture from the iPad and make flags or rewind to previous points in
the video. The flags created in iBench do not go to the capture machine as it does with iBench Plus
(extra cost). Likewise, clip types created on the capture machine do not get sent to iPads the way it does
in iBench Plus. To get back to live, users can press the “Live” icon. When the icon is green, the video is
live, when red the video is at an earlier point.
Please sign in to leave a comment.