Issue: Playback Issue on Battery Power on HK 22.214.171.124
Intel only machines running Thunder HK 126.96.36.199 experience playback issues at 4x Rewind and Fast Forward when running off of the battery.
The attached registry key along with Power Plan settings adjusts the playback rates to improve the response times with 4x fast forward and rewind and overall playback quality. The media player will only playback the I-frames of the video instead of every frame. This is only recommended on systems that experience delays on battery when using 4x playback.
List of Symptoms
- Glitchy playback and stutter when REW\FF on battery power
Resolution or Troubleshooting Steps:
- Download the Registry File attached below.
- Open the file and select Run.
- Choose Yes then OK.
- Enter Power Options by right clicking on the Windows icon on the bottom left and selecting Power Options
- Select Additional Power Settings
- If this is a Catapult (XOS) Image, the plan should be set to XOS Power or Catapult Power Plan. If not, make sure the PC is running the High Performance Power Plan
- Select Change advanced power settings
- Expand Processor power management and confirm the Minimum and Maximum processor state are set to 100% for both On battery and Plugged in
- Expand Multimedia settings and confirm the Video playback quality bias is set to Video playback performance bias for both On battery and Plugged in
- Confirm When playing video is set to Optimize video quality for both On battery and Plugged in
- Select Apply and OK to exit and save the advanced power settings
- Restart the PC
Once adjusted, all settings should reflect the below photos: